STUDIO EXPLORATION for ADULTS (beginners and continuers all welcome)
- PRACTICAL Gain practical media skills in the studio; techniques & experiments using a range of different media including drawing and painting, graphic techniques, digital art, craft & mixed media, printing and sometimes using natural materials, recycling / repurposing and a lot of imaginative experimentation.
- STYLES Are you interested in making work that is .... Abstract / Impressionist / Expressionist / Realistic / Stylised / Graphic / Minimalist / you-name-it ? Do you love landscapes / portraits / nature / dreams / stories / cultural traditions / you-name-it? We aim to build your skills so you can create and interpret things you love in your way.
- SOURCES Consider how art can convey a whole range of ideas and inspiration. We will look at various art examples that inspire us, and we analyse how the work has been created. Ideas or themes may come from a range of art styles, cultural and societal sources including traditional and contemporary. In addition to beautiful things we see in the world, art is also embedded in concepts, faiths & beliefs, philosophies, popular movements and issues in the world around us. From these sources we will discover a whole variety of ideas to reinterpret in our own way, and to tell our own stories in the art we create.
- OUR STUDIO ENVIRONMENT cosy numbers and personalised tutoring! Learn at your pace and we encourage peer learning with mixed ability groups. Great conversations !
DATES & TIMES Term 2, May - July 2021
STUDIO EXPLORATION Adults
Morning Classes 10:30 - 1pm
• Tuesdays, May 11 - June 29
ª Thursdays, May 13 - July 1
Evening Classes 6 - 8:30 pm
• Mondays, Feb 15 - June 28
Each 8 week series = $144 ( or... $20 pay-as-you-go option - conditions apply, please inquire)