Adult Art & Creativity
A studio exploration course
- Gain practical media skills in the studio.
- Work at your pace and encourage peer learning with mixed ability groups
- Look at various art examples that inspire us, and analyse how the work has been created.
- Explore interesting ideas and themes to interpret in art.
- Discuss and interpret ways to them in your own way.
Studio exploration involves practical techniques & experiments using a range of different media including drawing and painting, craft & mixed media, graphic techniques, digital art, using natural materials, recycling / repurposing and a lot of imaginative experimentation.
Ideas or themes from a range of cultural and societal sources including traditional and contemporary cultures, faiths & beliefs, philosophies, popular movements and issues in the world around us. From these sources we will discover symbols and rituals, allegories and parables – a whole variety of thematic ideas that we can reinterpret in our own way and tell our own stories in the art we create.
Tues. evenings from Oct 20 – Dec 8, 6 – 8:30 pm
Thurs. mornings from Oct 15 – Dec 3, 11am – 1:30pm
Fee $144 for all 8 weeks OR $20 per session ( by prior arrangement only). Prior Booking required for all enrolments.