ARTS & IDEAS for BOTH BEGINNERS and CONTINUING ARTISTS
WHY... "Arts & Ideas" ?
ARTS & IDEAS:
BOTH the daytime and evening sessions will incorporate Studio Exploration and Themes.
- Gain practical media skills in the studio.
- Work at your pace and encourage peer learning with mixed ability groups
- Look at various art examples that inspire us, and analyse how the work has been created.
- Explore interesting ideas and themes to interpret in art.
- Discuss and interpret ways to them in your own way.
Studio exploration involves practical techniques & experiments using a range of different media including drawing and painting, craft & mixed media, graphic techniques, digital art, using natural materials, recycling / repurposing and a lot of imaginative experimentation.
Ideas or themes from a range of cultural and societal sources including traditional and contemporary cultures, faiths & beliefs, philosophies, popular movements and issues in the world around us. From these sources we will discover symbols and rituals, allegories and parables - a whole variety of thematic ideas that we can reinterpret in our own way and tell our own stories in the art we create.
Term 1, 2019
x 8 weekly classes
Feb 13 - April 3
Both sessions on Wednesdays
Daytime: Wed. 9:30 am - 12:30
Evening: Wed. 5:30 - 8:00 pm
$ 120 / class / per Term