Adult Art & Creativity
ARTS & IDEAS: A studio exploration course
ENROL NOW – the TERM 3 series is over 7 weeks, from August 10 to Sept 21. Each session 9:30 – 11:30. Fee $130 per Term OR $20 per session. PRIOR BOOKING required. (Early bird discount of 10% if you book the whole term BFORE August 1 ).
BOTH the daytime and evening sessions will incorporate Studio Exploration and Themes.
- Gain practical media skills in the studio.
- Work at your pace and encourage peer learning with mixed ability groups
- Look at various art examples that inspire us, and analyse how the work has been created.
- Explore interesting ideas and themes to interpret in art.
- Discuss and interpret ways to them in your own way.
Studio exploration involves practical techniques & experiments using a range of different media including drawing and painting, craft & mixed media, graphic techniques, digital art, using natural materials, recycling / repurposing and a lot of imaginative experimentation.
Ideas or themes from a range of cultural and societal sources including traditional and contemporary cultures, faiths & beliefs, philosophies, popular movements and issues in the world around us. From these sources we will discover symbols and rituals, allegories and parables – a whole variety of thematic ideas that we can reinterpret in our own way and tell our own stories in the art we create.