Adult Art & Creativity
ARTS & IDEAS: A studio exploration course
BOTH the daytime and evening sessions will incorporate Studio Exploration and Themes.
- Gain practical media skills in the studio.
- Work at your pace and encourage peer learning with mixed ability groups
- Look at various art examples that inspire us, and analyse how the work has been created.
- Explore interesting ideas and themes to interpret in art.
- Discuss and interpret ways to them in your own way.
Studio exploration involves practical techniques & experiments using a range of different media including drawing and painting, craft & mixed media, graphic techniques, digital art, using natural materials, recycling / repurposing and a lot of imaginative experimentation.
Ideas or themes from a range of cultural and societal sources including traditional and contemporary cultures, faiths & beliefs, philosophies, popular movements and issues in the world around us. From these sources we will discover symbols and rituals, allegories and parables – a whole variety of thematic ideas that we can reinterpret in our own way and tell our own stories in the art we create.
Wednesday evening Aug 7 – Sept 25, 6 – 8:30
Thursday morning Aug 8 – Sept 26, 10 – 12:30.
Fee $130 per Term OR $20 per session ( by prior arrangement only). Prior Booking required for all enrolments.